Sunday, February 15, 2009

Family time and regrouping ...

Yesterday was a combination of spending the day with hubby and other planning. We went out to lunch together in Lincoln, bought each other a new book, and got Starbucks. Normally, the Starbucks is the highlight of my day, but they must have had someone new making the lattes. Someone who didn't like coffee. It tasted like they put the syrup in and forgot the coffee! LOL It was still cool enough that we drank our 'steamers' any ways. I'm sure hubby will hesitate before buying another. If he wasn't such a wuss and complaining about how cold it was (it wasn't THAT cold lol), we would have walked around the corner to Panera's instead. Need to use my punch card there.

I chatted with my character, Murial a bit last night, but the house was busy, so I put headphones on and did actual work instead for most of the time. Today, I hope to get the rest of the work with Murial's story going so I can actually start writing tomorrow.

At the magazine front, been talking to my partner-in-crime about the situation this year and about kicking in the new magazine this year also. We're still talking, but I think we've come up with a plan that will work. We're working towards the end goal of having about four online magazines/publications within three years. As soon as we work things out, I'll make an official announcement.

Life's been screwing with the magazines and my helpers have went through troubles that took them away. But they seem to be coming back, one by one, and my life is... well, it's not going, but I'm stable enough to handle the magazine workload again soon. Putting things on hold until summer seems to have done a lot of good for everyone involved.

Life is uncertain, lay offs are getting awfully close to us and scary. But I keep thinking of our friend and the crap's he's been through and how well he bounces back. He's handicapped, recently had his house burned down and his truck exploded on Friday - but he's happy and optimistic about life. Amazing. Oh and he's verified that the exploding vehicles and the percussion from them as you're being pulled from them that's portrayed in Hollywood is realistic. LOL He's a trip!

Side project - getting my nano novel's introduction written so I can get the free proof for it from createspace.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home