Saturday, February 28, 2009

Through life stuff ...

I'm still plugging along through the lovely pile of life stress. Doing well. But it is exhausting me. I've tried twice to work on the scene cards and just can't seem to 'find my place again' well enough to think them through. I've gone to laying back and visualizing the story - something I do every so often to give myself a mental boost and help my mind clear out the other clutter. I have the opening dialogue that the player receives in the game thought out. Allowing the reader to see that is the best way I can explain the object of the game without slipping into a narrative voice.

Reading Monk Goes to Germany. It's a hoot!

Also have two more books to read for reviews.

I think this weekend I'll finally get through those scene cards and I'll get a few miscellaneous scenes started, hopefully one actually written.

I've also decided to work a few things in TKQ before sending it out again. Make a few areas stronger, and make it a complete standalone instead of part one of two. Some wanted it to be a three part-er, but I'm still not willing to do that. I want to stay in the world of South Reach, but I want to go into other stories of South Reach, and other characters. Awhile back Taun showed me how she dies in a future book - I would like to work on that book before it slips from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home