Monday, March 02, 2009

Uru and Life stuff

cross posted from livejournal blog

Been missing my friends in MO:UL. Used to relieve stress by going in cavern and finding a good place to sit while I worked. The standalone game is nice, but there's no one to talk to if you need a break from what you're doing and the music doesn't repeat like it did online. I do have some puzzles of URU saved with music that I put on for a few moments - it helps. Also the puzzle helps me think. Open the puzzle, start moving pieces around, and keep pen and paper handy for those ideas and thoughts that spring up. Amazingly it works.

Tried a few other games and they just don't do it for me. Even when the same friends are in there. Often, my computer doesn't like it as much, and I don't know. Just doesn't feel the same. Perhaps I have that complex of wanting something I can't have - and not appreciating what I do have. I need to visit Second Life and hang out in the recreated city more. I'm sure that will help.

Getting it in with all this mess going on around me is the tricky part. Haven't done so well yet.

I'm editing the M'nine book for it. M'nine is an Age I created for the game. A friend created a few screenshots of the offices for me, and I have the avatar pictures for the main characters. Going to work them together to create the cover artwork. This book was my Nanowrimo project this year, so I'm going to get the free author's proof from createspace.com for it when I'm done. If it's not too pricey I might get a few for friends too. When I get my finances figured out to allow me spending money again.

I'll make a progress post on Murial's Story soon - when I have more time. Now I have to hurry and prepare for supper break.

Ended up spending all day trying to fix paypal button versus server issues. Been online for over a month with it and just now figured out that there really was an issue. Stupid. Hopefully, it gets fixed soon. I'm really hoping this will be the main part of my business and hoping it kicks in after we fixed this. Things are still iffy around here. Hubby's plant sent an email out today letting anyone know that they're free to voluntarily take time off. Hopefully, this isn't leading up to more layoffs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home